Thursday, October 15, 2009

Second!

Well, since my first post a lot has changed. Or perhaps just one thing. I'm still the same age, I still have two boys who won't wear kilts, I'm just no longer married.

And my brother has moved from half a continent away to within 20 miles of me.

And I've been attending synagogue regularly again for the first time since college.

So more than one thing. On the other hand, I still have no idea what to blog about. I have briefly entertained the thought of chronicling my new single life, but frankly there just isn't that much to write about. The weeks that I have my boys are pretty much the same domestic routine that I had before, minus the wife. The weeks that I don't have the boys offer a little more variety: I ride my motorcycle ("Vicky"), I sing in the choir, I visit with friends. But none of that particularly inspires me to put pen to paper, or fingers to keys, or whatever. Perhaps once I start dating I'll have something to write about. But perhaps not. The jury's still out on when that will be. I did try dating a little. I actually enjoyed it. But the burgeoning relationship fizzled, and I was left wondering what had happened.

I have also thought about making this a baking blog. I've been baking bread, and it could be fun to chronicle my progress. So maybe I'll do that. We'll see...

No comments: